Share this Job
Research Associate - York, NE Job
SGS North America
Date: Dec 13, 2013
Location: York, NE, US
- A Research Associate will conduct jobs for which the Field Scientist deem him/her qualified and adequately trained to complete. Adequate training will be provided on a task-by-task basis.
Reports to Field Scientist
Must have appropriate training and or experience to perform the following duties and is preferred that this individual holds a current pesticide application license.
- Maintain equipment and facilities in accordance with applicable SOP’s and in a clean, neat and organized manner.
- Complete assigned duties according to applicable SOP’s.
- Specific duties associated with the conduct of trials are detailed in SGS SOP 16.3 and 18.3. These duties are briefly summarized below:
- Assist Field Scientist in maintaining an up-to-date flow of paperwork.
- Monitor thermographs and weather data collection
- Assist Field Scientist in establishing and maintain plots
- Plot maintenance and plant protection
- Pollinations, Sampling and Field Data collection
- If holds pesticide application license; under the direction of a Field Scientist may apply maintenance and test chemicals.
- Assist in execution of critical phases and preparation of the FTN
- Computer Skills — Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work.
- Getting Information — observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards — Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards...
- Processing Information — compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Documenting/Recording Information — entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
Health and Safety Guidelines
- Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
- Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
- Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
Nearest Major Market: Lincoln
Job Segments: Research Associate, Research, Research Scientist, Science
Find similar jobs: