Share this Job
Business Development Sales Associate - East Coast Job
SGS North America
Date: Apr 21, 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
- Sells and markets SGS Analytical Perspectives products and services to the Oil and Gas industry.
- Manages and coordinates sales activities including supervision of contracts, direct sales, and customer relations.
- Direct-Vice President Operations
- Secondary- Project Manager-Shale
- Responsible for the sales of Analytical Products and Services to the Oil and Gas industry.
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge in Oil & Gas industry to give effective presentation of SGS Analytical Perspectives.
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with Business Development Manager, detailing activities to follow during the fiscal year, focusing the Sales Associate on meeting or exceeding sales quotas.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrated ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, the effects of the problems.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Responsible for identifying and building effective communications with other locations to maximize revenue.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of sales experience within the Shale Oil and Gas industry.
- Bachelors degree in a related field preferred, but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of the oil and gas industry is essential (production, processes, main actors, trends/shifts, competitors, regulatory frameworks).
- Ability to apply listening skills and situational intelligence to align selling with client goals are essential.
- Ability to clearly articulate services offered.
- Proficient in using internet and various computer software (including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and clients
- Superior presentation, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Results driven and proven ability to meet sales goals
- Valid driving license
- Travel is required, sometimes at short notice
- Ability to work on weekends and some holidays
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh
Job Segments: Business Development, Sales, Developer, Law, Database, Technology, Legal
Find similar jobs: