Grain Inspector Job
Date: May 22, 2013
Location: Prince Rupert, British Columbia, CA
This position is responsible for inspecting samples coming into the laboratory and the ports. This position is also required to perform onsite inspections (sampling and grading) at loading/discharge facilities.
Departmental Supervisor or Manager
- Carrying out the analysis of the different grains, splitting the samples to speed the process for the Grain Graders.
- Transporting samples from the terminals to the office and vice versa.
- Basic laboratory testing of samples under the supervision of his/her Supervisor.
- Supervision of vessel inspections at the different terminals.
- Taking pictures throughout the duration of the inspection process.
- Ensuring detailed notes are taken throughout the inspection process.
- Inspection/sampling of containers and Rail Cars at different locations
- May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed.
SGS is the worlds leading inspection, verification, testing and Certification Company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With 75'000 employees, SGS operates a network of more than 1,700 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 2,000 employees and more than 40 locations from coast-to-coast. We have the following contract positions in our Agricultural group, this position would be based out of our offices in Prince Rupert, British Columbia.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience in grain inspections and/or grain grading is a strong asset.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license as travel to various client sites is required.
- Must be able to work odd hours around shipping schedules (days, nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Extended hours may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations may be required from time to time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional environment and a very competitive compensation package.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company.
SGS Canada is an Employment Equity Employer
Job Segments: Inspection, Agricultural, Inspector, Laboratory, Quality Control Inspector, Engineering, Agriculture, Quality, Science