Grain Graders Job
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
This position is responsible for the inspection of all types of grain samples coming into the laboratory. Grain Inspectors are also required to perform onsite inspections (sampling and grading) at loading/discharge facilities. This position will determine the quality of the grain (grade), and analyze representative samples of all grain kinds. Samples are analyzed for moisture, dockage, foreign material, protein, hectolitre mass, and other damages and conditions.
Departmental Supervisor or Manager
- Inspect/grade samples (oilseeds, grains, pulses) arriving at the laboratory or during onsite inspections.
- Perform preliminary analysis (moisture, protein, dockage, test weight) prior to the final inspections by the senior grain inspector
- Organize, store, distribute, dispose incoming samples after final inspections.
- Operate, maintain, calibrate critical laboratory equipment (moisture meters, scales, dockage, testers, protein testers).
- Cleaning of work areas (dusting, sweeping, etc.).
- Maintaining/monitoring of basic laboratory supplies (gloves, dust masks, filter papers etc.).
- Follow all requirements according to the Canada Grain Act and Canada Grain regulations
SGS is the worlds leading inspection, verification, testing and Certification Company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With over 70,000 employees, SGS operates a network of more than 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 1,700 employees in more than 40 locations from coast-to-coast. We have the following opening based out of our offices in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- 1 - 3 years of xperience in performing preliminary Grain Inspections and Grain Grading is required.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Extended hours may be required from time to time.
- Possess and maintains a valid drivers license.
- Travel to other SGS locations may be required from time to time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional environment and a very competitive compensation package.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company
SGS Canada is an Employment Equity Employer
Job Segments: Inspector, Laboratory, Testing, Quality, Science, Technology