Client Representative / Field Technician - AGRI - Toulon, IL Job
Date: Apr 23, 2013
Location: Toulon, IL, US
The objective of this entry level position is to represent and sell SGS agricultural services' current and prospective clients, as well as performing field duties throughout the crop season in Western Illinois. Employee residing in Illinois, reporting to 117 E. Main St. Toulon IL 61483
- Field duties:
- Represent SGS Inland Services Agricultural Laboratories to existing and prospective clients during completion of sampling, auditing, and other professional services.
- Attend Farm Shows and regional meetings.
- All related activities for GPS soil sampling according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) guidelines.
- Encourage Ag Chemical dealers, crop insurers and growers to use grid sampling to make informed fertility decisions.
- Sample for plant tissue, forage, and manure testing. Research:
- Work within SOP guidelines to complete any needed objectives at SGS research locations. Scouting/Audits:
- Work within SOP guidelines to complete crop scouting and audits duties as assigned. Read, comprehend and become functional in fertilizer and soil fertility based recommendations per the IL Agronomy Handbook. Other duties as assigned.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
Prefer a Degree (2 or 4 year) in Agronomy or related field or two years of relevant experience.
Must have general knowledge of GIS/GPS.
- Ability to work independently
- Time commitments for this position will be allocated approximately as follows:• 70 percent Field Duties and maintenance• 30 percent Scouting/Audits/Research•
- Ability to read maps to locate fields
- Computer Skills — Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work.
- Getting Information — observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards — Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards...
- Processing Information — compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Documenting/Recording Information — entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Valid Driver’s license and ability to drive off-road vehicles
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
- Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
- Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
- Ability to lift and carry 70 lbs
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Peoria
Job Segments: Agricultural, Agronomy, Customer Service Representative, Technician, Chemical Research, Agriculture, Customer Service, Technology, Engineering