Automotive Off Lease Inspector - Scranton, PA - ASI Job
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: Scranton, PA, US
SGS Automotive Services N.A., a division of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerland, provides commercial and statutory automotive related services to our clients in the US, Canada, and Mexico. SGS Automotive is a vehicle inspection company for the study, development and application of technologies for motor vehicle testing, diagnostics, repair, technician training, and information management. Coupled with developing and managing Inspection and Maintenance programs, SGS also provides a wide range of commercial automotive industry inspection services such as New Car, Off-Lease, certified pre-owned, auction, B2B online, and dealer testing, inspection, and certification services.
The Off Lease Inspector will perform accurate and timely inspection and reporting while acting as the liaison between SGS’s customers and their customers.
This is a full time 40 hrs/wk position located in Scranton, PA.
Automotive Inspector Manager
- Drives a personal vehicle to and from assignments and/or inspection sites .
- Moves about to inspect vehicles at the lessee’s home or place of business; moves about at a dealership staging area to inspect
vehicles on the lot and tag or otherwise mark vehicles that have been inspected.
- Detects signs of previous damage or structural damage by viewing the undercarriage, engine and trunk compartments, the exterior
and interior areas of the vehicle.
- Identifies scratches, gouges, dents and dings on the vehicle.
- Recognizes vehicle color classification.
- Accounts for, tests or inspects vehicle parts and accessories as required.
- Determines excessive wear and tear and chargeable and non chargeable damages in accordance with established policies and
procedures and customer guidelines.
- Takes digital images of vehicles as required by Company policies and procedures and customer guidelines and attaches images to
electronic vehicle file.
- Enters vehicle data and damages noted in a hand held computer and transmits information to Company server or records vehicle
data and damages noted in written form for later data entry and transmission.
- Communicates and exchanges information verbally and in writing with lessees, dealers and customers regarding products and
- Perform general administrative duties such as completing and submitting daily production logs, mileage reports, titles, etc. as
- May be assigned to work within other product lines or inspection types.
- Assure the highest level of service and compliance with contractual obligations, customer needs and Company policies and
- Perform inspections in all product lines for which training has been received.
- Maintain the minimum number of inspections within eight hours as established per product line by the Supervisor.
- Assure the most efficient use of working time.
- Follow scheduled hours, and be available for overtime work as needed.
- Communicate problems, discrepancies, and other operational issues to Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Maintain all assigned equipment in good working order, and report malfunctions immediately.
- Maintain excellent client relations and customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to the identification of new business prospects.
- Understand and comply with Company procedures for Safety, Field Operations, and reporting.
- Understand and comply with individual Client Instructions and requirements.
- Make recommendations to Supervisor regarding improvements to the operations and other areas as appropriate.
- Assist coworkers and Supervisor if necessary.
- Submit accurate weekly time cards to Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of six months experience in vehicle preparation and/or inspection or a minimum of 1 year experience in body repair cost
estimating is required.
- Experience in adjusting, and/or automotive services preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to attend work regularly and predictably.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and without supervision.
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- Must be able to comply with the physical requirements of the position of Inspector, which includes bending, twisting, kneeling,
walking, climbing, stretching and grasping without restrictions.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds, and continuously carry 5 pounds.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends. This position requires occasional overnight travel.
- Possession of a valid (non-incident) driver’s license or valid driver’s license and a clean MVR is a must.
- Ability and willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Must have own reliable transportation for daily travel (a condition of employment).
- Must have personal auto liability insurance with minimum liability coverage of $250,000/500,000/250,000.
- Cellular telephone, computer access to the internet and navigation system are necessary.
- The Company reimburses for all reasonable and necessary business travel expenses and provides allowances for the use of
personal vehicle and home equipment for business use.
Must successfully pass drug test and background check.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Scranton
Nearest Secondary Market: Wilkes Barre
Job Segments: Inspection, Automotive, Inspector, Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineering, Quality, Technology