Date: Oct 11, 2013
Location: Red Lake, Ontario, CA
This position will conduct a wide variety of testing and analysis on base and precious metal ores, industrial minerals and materials.
Department Supervisor or Manager
- Receive, inspect, sort and label client samples.
- Archive, return or dispose of client samples as per work sheet instructions.
- Log client samples into the LIMS system and prepare sample labels.
- Sort, crush, pulverize, split, and screen samples as required.
- Conducts routine testing.
- Works from sketches, detailed specifications and verbal instructions.
- Calibration and set up of equipment prior to analysis.
- Maintain and record equipment calibrations.
- Carries out routine equipment maintenance under the direction of his/her supervisor.
- Interpret and evaluate all results.
- Compiles data, analyzes and prepares reports.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
SGS is the worlds leading inspection, verification, testing and Certification Company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With over 75,000 employees, SGS operates a network of more than 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 2,000 employees in more than 40 locations from coast-to-coast. We have the following opening based out of our offices in Red Lake, Ontario.
- A minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Good hand/eye coordination when handling samples & various equipment.
- Must use good judgment to identify and resolve problems on the job. When in difficulty refer problems to his/her supervisor for resolution.
- Intermediate level of creativity required in solving routine problems.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Able to work well under pressure during high (peak) work loads and balancing conflicting demands of high volume versus the quality of results.
- Candidates should be proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Extended hours and shiftwork may be required from time-to-time.
- Travel to other SGS locations may be required from time-to-time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional environment and a very competitive compensation package.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company
SGS Canada is an Employment Equity Employer
Job Segments: Inspector, Testing, Quality, Technology