Share this Job
Air Conditioning Technician - Red Seal (Mobile Equipment) Job
SGS North America
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, CA
The position of Heavy-duty equipment Air Conditioning technicians exists to perform visual inspections, repairs, troubleshooting, adjust, overhaul and maintain A/C & FS systems and ancillary components used on equipment to support mining and construction operations.
- Shift QA/QC Lead or designate
- This position works under general direction
- Check heavy-duty AC & FS systems equipment for proper performance, inspection of systems on equipment to detect unusual wear, faults and or malfunctions.
- Diagnose problems using appropriate tools and instruments to determine extent of repair required to return system to OEM functionality.
- Make necessary adjustments and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using appropriate hand and power tools.
- Test and examine repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that the repairs & maintenance meets manufacturers’ standards.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other periodic maintenance task for the equipment.
- Check to ensure that all required emergency labels are in place or install new SGS labels replacing other maintenance company labels.
- The individual will adhere to Company and Client safety programs and policies.
- The individual will exhibit good house keeping and show care in vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Other duties may be assigned as directed by the contract with the Client.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and Certification Company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 75 000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1 500 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 2000 employees in more than 50 locations from coast – to – coast. We have the following opportunity in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
- This position requires a post secondary training in Heavy-Duty equipment mechanics (Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Heating, and Ventilation).
- The incumbent must hold valid certification as either an Inter-provincial Red Seal Technician/Mechanic or be certified as a Technician/ Mechanic in Alberta in the following trades: Automotive Service Technician, Truck and Coach Technician, Motor Vehicle Mechanic, Heavy Equipment Tech - Transport Trailer Mechanic, Heavy Equipment Tech - HD Equipment Mechanic Off Road, Heavy Equipment Technician - Truck and Transport Mechanic, Heavy Duty Mechanical Repair, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician (HVAC)
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years experience preferably in the maintenance of heavy-duty equipment or mobile equipment (Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Heating, and Ventilation).
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to perform stock control for forecasting parts supplies.
- Posses and maintain a valid drivers license.
- Capable of operating without being under close supervision.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Basic understanding of various types of computer software is an asset (Word, Excel. PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional, environment and a very competitive compensation package.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company
SGS is an Employment Equity Employer
Job Segments: Technician, Maintenance, Inspector, HVAC, Testing, Technology, Manufacturing, Quality, Operations
Find similar jobs: