Share this Job
CWB level II Welding Inspector - Technical Staffing Services Job
SGS North America
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, CA
The opportunity is with our client …A world-class consulting engineering and sciences firm based primarily in western and northern Canada. SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. Recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity, we employ 70,000 people and operate a network of more than 1,350 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 1800 employees in more than 50 locations from coast – to – coast. We have the following opportunities in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
- Be involved in and provide QA/QC input to task planning meetings.
- Assist with Quality Plan Implementation Reviews and walk arounds and participate in team meetings as required.
- Assist with tracking and logging Non-Conformance Reports, Quality/Productivity Improvement Reports and the cost of rework.
- Provide training to crafts regarding the project specific quality process and requirements.
- Review/approve (initial/date) all 3rd party test results for compliance with project requirements.
- Be a liaison with and coordinate third party testing and Authorized Inspection agencies.•
- Research and answer questions of a technical nature.
- Assist in the interpretation of construction codes and standards.
- Perform inspections and tests as required by the discipline assigned and as directed by supervisor.
- Prepare inspection/test reports and maintain the QA/QC files related to assignment.
- Promote and maintain effective communications and relations (verbally and in writing) with supervisor and the project management team.
- Minimum 5 years quality control
- CWB level II Welding Inspector license
- CSTS certificate
- Various other site specific tickets
This is an ongoing requirement for our clients.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional, environment and a very competitive compensation package.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company
To apply for this position please submit an updated resume via Kijiji. For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional, environment and a very competitive compensation package. Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada. SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company
Job Segments: Inspection, Staffing, Engineer, Welding, Welding Inspector, Engineering, Human Resources, Manufacturing
Find similar jobs: