Health and Safety Administrator(Field - Tailings) Job
Date: Jun 12, 2013
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, CA
SGS is the worlds leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With over 70'000 employees, SGS operates a network of more than 1,400 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 2000 employees and more than 40 locations from coast-to-coast. We have the following opening based out of our Fort McMurray sites in Alberta.
The Health and Safety coordinator participates in and administers SGS Health and Safety Policies and Procedures in accordance with the Company’s Journey to Zero programs.
HSE Field Operations
- Drives the Journey to Zero incidents campaigns and provides HSE guidance to field personnel
- Ensures that SGS Oil Sands operates in accordance with SGS Oil sands Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Conduct field inspections to monitor site conditions and to ensure safe work procedures are being followed
- Note and communicate deficiencies to workers and HSE Manager for corrective actions
- Review monthly HSE reports and provide feedback to field personnel
- Maintain safety documentation and provide the necessary reports required for HSE related activities
- Distribute selected OH&S bulletins, posters, rules and regulations and Promote toolbox meetings, and safety awareness
- Participate and assist coordinators in HSE related incident investigations and ensure timely reporting and documentation to ensure employees adhere to the company HSE procedures
- Monitor action plans and assist assigned project personnel in taking corrective action whenever a deficiency has been identified
- Participate in, and contribute to, the daily field activities, such as: Daily Tailgate Meetings, planned Job Observations (PJO), Emergency Response Plan (ERP) exercises, Job Safety assessments (JSA), inspections
- Attend daily tool box and safety meetings on rotational basis to provide support for planned work activities
- Conduct health and safety inspections and ensures that unsafe conditions are made compliant
- Coordinate the implementation of the BBS observation process and provide BBS feedback to HSE Manager
- Coordinate with HSE Manager to maintain field records of open/ closed corrective action items
- Maintain an adequate working knowledge of current regulations, codes and industry practices
Health and Safety Manager
- Must have Construction Safety Officer designation (CSO or NCSO)
- Experience in Oil sands field operations and geotechnical field work, would be an asset
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a safety role
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in the field
- Solid understanding of OH&S legislation
- Valid Class 5 drivers License and clean drivers abstract is required
- Support SGS Fort McMurray Tailings operations
- Good language reading, writing and speaking
- Proficient with MS Office applications including spreadsheet and word-processing software is required (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, and Windows).
- Solid understanding of Health & Safety management and its connection to business strategy.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional environment with advancement opportunities and a competitive compensation package.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS IS THE WORLD’S LEADING INSPECTION, TESTING, VERIFICATION & CERTIFICATION COMPANY
SGS is an employment Equity Employer
Job Segments: Medical, Safety, Geology, Inspector, ERP, Healthcare, Service, Engineering, Quality, Technology