Share this Job
Concrete Testers (CSA/ ACI /CCIL) - Alberta Job
SGS North America
Date: Apr 22, 2013
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, CA
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. Recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity, we employ 75,000 people and operate a network of more than 1,500 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 1900 employees in more than 50 locations from coast – to – coast. We have the following opportunity in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
The incumbent will be responsible for carry out routine tasks in the project sites
- The individual is responsible for performing routine materials field-testing while under the supervision of senior personnel. Duties would include but are not limited to concrete testing (air and slump test, cast compressive strength cylinders), compaction testing (nuclear moisture-density gauge) and aggregate production monitoring (field sieve analysis).
- Maintains all lab protocols and follows CSA/ASTM procedures. Is responsible for completing field and laboratory records for all tests completed as well as daily inspection reports which detail the daily project activities, any conversations between SGS and the client or contractor, daily test results and details of any problems encountered.
- Maintains SGS integrity with good equipment maintenance.
- Assists on geotechnical related projects, such as field drilling investigations, instrumentation installation and monitoring and foundation installation monitoring.
- May be assigned special or ad hoc projects, periodically.
- Supervisor/ Manager
- This position works under general direction
- This position requires a minimum 2 year college diploma in Civil Technology or a related discipline, plus a minimum of 2 years field experience in Concrete Testing, Compaction Testing and Pile Monitoring..
- A class 5 Driver’s License is mandatory with clean abstract for last three years.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional, environment and a very competitive compensation package.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company.
SGS Canada is an Employment Equity Employer
Line: Energy,Mining,Oil & Gas,Trade,Sustainability,Risk Management
Job Segments: Construction, Geology, Risk Management, Inspector, Instrumentation, Engineering, Finance, Quality
Find similar jobs: