Welding Technician Job
Date: May 25, 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
This position will be responsible for the testing of pressure welders for “B Pressure” renewals as well as job tests.
- Help to resolve manufacturing and field issues
- Direct procedure qualifications records
- Weld procedure specification tests
- Manage weld test related programs
- Conduct metallurgical and welding lab work
- Participate in quality improvement and cost reduction efforts.
- Work with engineers, technologists and trades people to help our clients succeed in the construction of critical oil and gas infrastructure projects
- Interpret regulatory and statutory requirements, codes and customer specifications relating to fabrication, welding and materials.
- Determine the requirements, develop testing protocol, monitor welding parameters, and write welding procedure qualification and welding procedure specifications
- Conduct welding performance qualification testing
- Assist clients with the implementation welding processes and technologies
- Develop and implement quality programs meeting jurisdictional and code requirements
- Keep a clean working environment;
- Work in compliance with safety regulations.
- May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed.
SGS is the worlds leading inspection, verification, testing and Certification Company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With over 75,000 employees, SGS operates a network of more than 1,500 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 2,000 employees in more than 40 locations from coast-to-coast. We have the following opening based out of our offices in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Post secondary education (University Degree in Welding Engineering or a College Diploma in Welding and/or Weld Process Technology) is required
- 1 – 3 years of previous experience in a Welding industry experience is required.
- Must be able, willing and authorized to travel throughout Canada, the United States and if required outside North America
- Must have valid driver's license
- Ability to compose clear and concise technical reports.
- Superior organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Extended hours may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations may be required from time-to-time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional environment and a very competitive compensation package.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company
SGS Canada is an Employment Equity Employer
Job Segments: Welding, Technician, Gas Technician, Gas, Metallurgy, Manufacturing, Technology, Energy