Date: Dec 9, 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
This position will be responsible for preparing standard samples for basic mechanical and metallurgical tests.
• Machine Shop Supervisor
- • Perform the machining of simple and complex parts on conventional equipment (bandsaw, lathe, milling machine, grinder, etc.)
- Use measuring instruments (micrometers, sliding gauge, dial gauge, etc.);
- Oxy-Acetylene and plasma cutting
- Prepare samples according to CSA, ASTM and ASME standards;
- Prepare samples according to customer requirements;
- Keep a clean working environment;
- Work in compliance with safety regulations.
- May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed.
SGS is the worlds leading inspection, verification, testing and Certification Company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With over 75,000 employees, SGS operates a network of more than 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 2,000 employees in more than 40 locations from coast-to-coast. We have the following opening based out of our offices in Edmonton, Alberta.
- 3 – 5 years of previous experience in a Machinist related profession is a strong asset.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude.
- Superior organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Extended hours may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations may be required from time-to-time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional environment and a very competitive compensation package.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company.
SGS is an Employee Equity Employer
Job Segments: Metallurgy, Materials Science, Equity, Machinist, Manufacturing, Science, Finance