Share this Job
Senior Project Manager Job
SGS North America
Date: May 17, 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
This position provides Senior Project Management Support to our client
- Client Supervisor
- Work with Discipline Leads to identify resource requirements.
- Coordinate the development of area and overall project schedules
- Monitor the progress of the project, and work with Discipline Leads to ensure project schedule and budget are maintained.
- Coordinate the change management process to ensure that schedule and cost deviations are trended and incorporated into the project budget and schedule, after the due review processes.
- Ensure, in conjunction with Procurement, that all equipment and services purchased meet project requirements and have been budgeted.
- Coordinate the development of engineering design information required for the project capital cost estimate.
- Coordinate the overall design development for assigned projects/areas.
- Facilitate inter-discipline coordination and coordination with vendors, contractors, fabricators, clients, etc.
Maintain Action Logs, Meeting Notes, etc. as required.
- Have a firm understanding of the implications of Technical Design Notices, Studies, and other issues affecting his/her area.
- Monitor the performance of the technical disciplines to ensure project quality and scope requirements are met.
- Sign-off on all commercial and project engineering documents.
- Be conversant with the scope, design, and technical issues pertaining to his/her area of responsibility.
- Ensure the development of project engineering designs
- In conjunction with the Discipline Leads, coordinate the development of the technical specifications and requirements of the project.
To apply for this position please submit an updated resume via this website. For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, our clients offer a stimulating professional, environment and a very competitive compensation package. Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada. SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 75 000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1 500 offices and laboratories around the world.
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager in an Engineering and/or Fabrication environment is required.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent) is required.
- Registration with APEGGA is an asset.
- Must have experience with different types mechanical equipment including Pressure Vessels, Pumps, Heat Exchangers.
- Familiarity with the industry codes relevant to the above equipment, specifically ASME Sec VIII Div 1 and API 610.
- Must be a current resident of Canada or USA.
SGS Canada is an Employment Equity Employer
Job Segments: Engineer, Project Manager, Manager, Project Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Management
Find similar jobs: