Share this Job
Business Development Specialist Advanced Systems Job
SGS North America
Date: May 8, 2013
Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
SGS is the worlds leading inspection, verification, testing and Certification Company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With over 70,000 employees, SGS operates a network of more than 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 1,700 employees in more than 40 locations from coast-to-coast. We have the following opening based out of our offices in Toronto, Ontario.
The business development specialist sells and markets Advanced Systems services to achieve the targets and objectives of the SGS Minerals business plan for North America. The specialist maintains and establishes clients through sales aligned to their needs and goals and with follow up to ensure their satisfaction. The specialist will work with the North America sales team in providing an informed and seamless representation to clients of the SGS Minerals offerings.
- Achieve sales targets for services and products for the North America Advanced Systems Group.
- Develop, plan and carry out sales strategy and activities in coordination with the manager.
- Advocate for the client interest and maintain client satisfaction through personal long term commitment to his/her goals and needs.
- Prepare and/or present material with technical content.
- Proposal writing, submission and follow up.
- Establish pricing in agreement with the manager.
- Review of RFP/RFQ with legal and follow up of exceptions with clients.
- Update of sales pipeline and associated sales performance indicators for periodic review with manager.
- Use of software tools for sales tracking, proposal generation and client contact management.
- Analyze market, plan and conduct sales campaigns to achieve sales growth and coverage.
- Protect and promote the company brand and reputation in the market.
- Training of new staff, assistance to other sales team members.
- Having a valid and up-to-date passport as travel to other international SGS and client locations is required.
- May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed.
- Ensures that personal and staff health & safety, environment, productivity, and quality priorities are addressed and optimized in accordance with all regulations and company policies.
- Directly to the Manager – Advanced Systems Group
- Indirectly to the Manager of North America SGS Minerals Operational Sales
- This position works under general direction
- Minimum of a post secondary education (College diploma or University degree) in a minerals or sales related field.
- Over 5 years experience in technical sales – experience in sales of metallurgical services, process automation solutions, and/or engineering services an asset.
- Familiar with minerals industry operations (mine, crushing, grinding, flotation, dewatering, leaching, etc.), and their control strategies, instrumentation and online analyzers.
- Proven written, oral communication and excellent presentation skills.
- Time management and organizational skills demonstrated in setting weekly/monthly agenda – travel planning, conference planning, hosting and visiting of clients.
- Demonstrate listening skills and situational intelligence to align selling with client goals.
- Must show personal commitment to clients, taking a lead in resolving issues involving proper resources where necessary.
- Proficient in using various types of computer soft ware (Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of another language besides English (French or Spanish) is an asset.
- Able to adapt to changing situations, strong problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with control system software, instrumentation and/or process modeling and design an asset.
- Superior organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional environment and a very competitive compensation package.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company.
Job Segments: Engineer, Business Development, Sales, Metallurgy, Materials Science, Engineering, Manufacturing, Science
Find similar jobs: